What we are about

Sometimes you just need the cup with the little green straw. Coffee shops have become so much more than simply a place to go and get your favorite indulgence. It has become a place to connect, reconnect, and learn about yourself. Join us as we share the lessons the little green straw has taught us about the blessings we are continuing to unravel in life through prayers, love, and new adventures. Who knows maybe this can spark a new lesson for the little green straw to teach you in your life.

Monday, July 9, 2012

What a way to wake up your morning!

I am always being asked about my eating habits, and have promised many to share my secrets so bare with me as I start off slowly with updating you on these crazy easy recipes I make!

Many think eating healthy is a difficult task-but I am here to tell you that it really isn't..in fact its quite easy! As easy as driving to the local Micky D's and ordering a breakfast biscuit. It should be common knowledge that breakfast is the most important meal of the day-yet so many of us are quick to say I'd rather take those extra 5 minutes in the morning to sleep than to get up and make a meal. It is my first secret to staying healthy. No matter how busy, tired, or "lazy" you think you are breakfast is important to fuel your body so that you have energy throughout the day! It really sets the tone for the rest of the day and jump starts your metabolism. 

Without breaking out my nerd after so many hours of sleep your body has been fasting overnight and in the morning you are almost in the first stages of starvation. Skipping breakfast keeps your body in the "starvation" mode. So if you are trying to lose weight the last thing you want to do is keep your body in this mode which keeps your metabolism in a lowered state. A good quality breakfast will increase your fat burning ability and boost those energy levels!

So enough of my preaching- here is how I start off every morning that someone doesn't make me breakfast in bed :)



green smoothie Guidelines for Green Smoothie Consumption for Optimal Health Benefits.
Green-Lean Smoothie

2 handfuls of spinach leaves
1 tablespoon Almond Butter
3/4 cup Fage Greek Yogurt
1 handful of ice cubes
1 cup Flax milk (or Almond milk)
1 Large frozen banana

Blend this baby up and your tummy will be falling in love with you every morning! Spinach leaves have no flavor what so ever they are just totally awesome for your body (and they make the beverage look super healthy)! I have seen other mixes on this recipe by including pineapple instead of almond butter-but that's not my cup of tea in the early morning hours...too much acidity!

Super easy right!? Play around with mixing up whatever smoothie ingredients you want just make sure you add in that spinach!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like I found my breakfast for tomorrow morning! :) you ladies are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete