What we are about

Sometimes you just need the cup with the little green straw. Coffee shops have become so much more than simply a place to go and get your favorite indulgence. It has become a place to connect, reconnect, and learn about yourself. Join us as we share the lessons the little green straw has taught us about the blessings we are continuing to unravel in life through prayers, love, and new adventures. Who knows maybe this can spark a new lesson for the little green straw to teach you in your life.

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The Non-Negotiables

So, I figured since Cady just killed it with two posts in a row, it was time to start writing. First off, since our blog is about that precious little green straw that brings so much joy to our lives, I would write the post from no other place but Starbucks. Today I treated myself to the new refresher drinks. Its a tea made from a green tea bean. They are delicious and I would recommend the Very Berry with Lemonade. Bare with me, I may be all over the place on this one.


Anyways, lately God has really been hitting me hard with Trust. In all honesty, when is He not? This summer I was invited to 9 weddings, yes 9. Including my best friend from high school! All of them were around my age and I am only 22! In some ways it made me feel behind or out of the loop, because I am traveling down the single road. However, God has really shed light on my situation. I have had so many opportunities to pour into lives and develop relationships with friends that I may not have had the chance to. It is a lot easier to say I have patience than to actually practice it.

"A heart that has peace is life to the body, but wrong desires are like the wasting of the bones." Proverbs 14:30.

Woah! Right? God's timing is so much better than our own. "Wasting of the bones" gives me such a visual. I find comfort in the fact that God has a perfect person picked out for me. He is already preparing his heart for me, and mine for him. So, why should I feel behind? God has been showing me what it truly means to be patient and trust Him. I want to "discipline my thoughts to trust Him as He works His ways in my life. I want to "Pray about everything;  and leave the outcomes to Him." My wrong desires to have what my friends have is a "wasting of my bones," when God can be using me so much in this present time.

To help me come to this realization, God sends friends into my life to just speak truth, even when they aren't aware of it. Recently, I had a fruitful talk with my dear friend Erin. She gave me some great advice. We were discussing marriage and relationships, and I was expressing to her my feelings and my impatience. We both agreed that it was hard but in no way were we about to settle. Her advice was this, write down the non-negotiable characteristics and qualities that you want in a husband, and pray over them. So simple, right? Today, I wrote my non-negotiables. I was so excited, because I know that God is preparing someone who not only fits those qualities but exceeds them. Now, in no way am I trying to limit God or put Him in box. His will and grand design for my life is far better than I can imagine. Writing these non-negotiables has given me more of a patience, because I know that one day God will place him into my life.

Gosh I sound like such a girl right now. :) I do know this, "a woman's heart should be so hidden in God that a man has to seek Him to find her." Nothing beats that. I  encourage you to write your non-negotiables and pray over then. Allow God to lay those desires on your heart because "In our hearts we plan our course, but the Lord establishes our steps," Proverbs 16:9. Trust Him, and His plans, because our timing is nothing compared to His. Thanks for reading my ramble :)

No comments:

Post a Comment